This was a very easy and very tasty chili. It makes quite a bit so if you don't have a lot of people to feed you could halve the recipe or freeze some of it. It tastes great reheated! I made a few changes to the recipe, which I noted in parenthesis. Enjoy!
Southwest Chicken Chili
Source: In Katrina's Kitchen
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 2 Tablespoons olive oil
· 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning (1 envelope)
· 1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix
· 2 Cups water (I used chicken broth)
· 2 cans pinto beans, drained (I used one can of pinto and one can of black beans)
· 2 cans diced tomatoes
· 1 can chilies
· 2 Cups cubed or shredded chicken, cooked
· Cilantro (to taste)
1. Sauté onions in olive oil in the bottom of a large pot until tender.
2. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.