Sunday, September 18, 2011

Crock Pot Beef Stew

I have been such a bad blogger lately :(.  Blogging has been on my to-do list, but school and all the extra meetings we have this year has left me exhausted and severely time challenged.  Sadly, I've hardly even had time to cook lately! 

The good news is that the weather in AZ has finally gotten a little cooler.  Last week we had temperatures below 100 and lows in the high 60s and 70s!  Fall is my favorite time of year.  I love when the weather starts to cool down and I love all the holidays.

Once the weather starts to change I always start to crave all those yummy Fall-ish comfort foods (and all things made with pumpkin).  Beef stew is definitely a fall favorite!  My mom used to make a really yummy beef stew.  In fact, it was always the meal I requested for my birthday dinner. 

This recipe is a little different from my mom's because it is made in the crock pot which is so nice because you just throw it all in there and leave it!  I like to keep this recipe simple with potatoes and carrots and some onion for flavor, but you could easily customize your stew with your favorite veggies.  I serve it with egg noodles and some nice, crusty bread.  It makes a ton so I usually put the leftovers in the freezer and save for another meal.  I hope you will give this delicious and hearty fall meal a try! 

Crock Pot Beef Stew

1 1/2 - 2 lbs. beef stew meat
1 pkg. baby carrots
8-10 small-medium size potatoes, cut into chunks
1 onion, quartered
3 pkgs. brown gravy mix
1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
3 cups water

Put meat, potatoes, carrots, onion and potatoes in crockpot.  Sprinkle gravy mixes and Ranch mix over top.  Pour water over all.  Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours.  Serve over egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment