Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake



Yesterday I went to a friend's house for our monthly crochet club get together.  My friend that hosted is an amazing cook and she made this for dessert.  Everyone was in heaven!  It was so delicious and so easy!  She found the recipe on Pinterest but it reminded me that I had actually made a cake like this a few years ago but I made it in a loaf pan.  I believe the recipe for the one I made came from a Kraft magazine.

I think the flavor combinations with this are endless.  You could vary the flavor of ice cream sandwiches, the sauce and/or syrup you layer it with and the topping.  My friend made it with regular ice cream sandwiches, caramel and toffee bits and it was fabulous.  I made it with regular ice cream sandwiches and Smucker's Milk Chocolate Sauce.  I think it would also be good with mint ice cream sandwiches and hot fudge or neapolitan sandwiches.

My friend made this with 24 sandwiches in a 9" x 13" pan.  I used 12 sandwiches and made it in an 8" x 8" pan.  Either works.

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake


24 ice cream sandwiches
1 jar hot fudge sauce (or any other ice cream topping)
8 oz. Cool Whip
Candy of your choice, chopped fine (toffee bits, snickers, butterfinger, chocolate chips, etc)

Place 12 ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan, cutting as necessary to fit.  Top with half to Cool Whip and half the ice cream topping.  Place the remaining 12 ice cream sandwiches on top of the cool whip mixture.  Top with the rest of the cool whip and ice cream topping.  Sprinkle chopped candy over top.  Cover and freeze until ready to serve.












No comments:

Post a Comment