Oh these carrots were yummy! They make a wonderful side dish to chicken or beef. I drizzled mine with some honey when they came out of the oven to add a little extra sweetness.
The original recipe says to use the long carrots, not baby carrots. Honestly, I think these would be just as good with baby carrots.
Glazed Carrots with Rosemary
Source: Jamie Cooks it Up
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
10 long carrots
2 T salted butter, melted
4 T brown sugar
1 sprig fresh rosemary chopped
4 T fresh orange juice
1/8 t cracked pepper
1/4 t cracked sea salt
1. Peel the carrots and chop off the tops and the very tips. Cut each carrot into sticks.
2. Combine the butter, brown sugar, rosemary and orange juice together in a small bowl.
3. Place the carrots in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour the butter mixture over the top.
4. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Check them after about 20 minutes and give them a little stir.
5. After taking them out of the oven crack the pepper and salt over the top. Stir to incorporate, cover and let sit for a few minutes before serving.