Sunday, March 18, 2012

Southwest Chicken Chili



This was a very easy and very tasty chili.  It makes quite a bit so if you don't have a lot of people to feed you could halve the recipe or freeze some of it.  It tastes great reheated!  I made a few changes to the recipe, which I noted in parenthesis.  Enjoy!

Southwest Chicken Chili
Source: In Katrina's Kitchen


Ingredients:
·        1 medium onion, chopped
·        2 Tablespoons olive oil
·        3 Tablespoons taco seasoning (1 envelope)
·        1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix
·        2 Cups water (I used chicken broth)
·        2 cans pinto beans, drained (I used one can of pinto and one can of black beans)
·        2 cans diced tomatoes
·        1 can chilies
·        2 Cups cubed or shredded chicken, cooked
·        Cilantro (to taste)

Directions:
1.   Sauté onions in olive oil in the bottom of a large pot until tender.
2.   Add remaining ingredients and heat through. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I have all of the ingredients! I will have to try this soon :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete