Friday, July 29, 2011

Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken

By now you have probably figured out that I cook chicken a lot.  And I do.  Well, I try to cook at least one chicken dish a week. 
 Chicken is just so easy and so versatile!  I love that you can make it so many ways.    Plus, it's pretty inexpensive.
 
I usually buy the big bags of frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  I love these because they allow me to pretty much always have chicken on hand but since it's frozen I don't have to worry about it going bad if my week gets crazy and I don't get it cooked as I had planned.  (Yes, this happens.  A lot.)

This chicken recipe is really tasty and another one that my whole family loves!  Dipping the chicken in the olive oil/garlic mixture really gives it a lot more flavor than just dipping it in egg.  It's super easy and fast to make too.  I serve it with either rice, potatoes or noodles and some sort of vegetable. 

  Please excuse my lack of photos in this post.  I haven't made this recently enough to have pics, but wanted to share it with you!
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
via allrecipes
2 tbs. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. black pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.  

In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic.  In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper.  Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture.  Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish and top with any remaining crumb mixture.

Bake 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment