Friday, August 26, 2011

Bubble Up Enchiladas


This is another recipe I got from Plain Chicken.  I really love her recipes.  This one made me so happy for so many reasons.  It was so simple to throw together which I love for a quick, weeknight dinner.  With this recipe you basically throw everything in a pan, then transfer to a baking dish and bake it.  I used 93/7 ground beef so I didn't even need to drain it!  I love that!  The smell as this was baking was seriously heavenly and when I opened the oven to take it out I was speechless. 

I think next time I might add beans and corn to this but it is pretty delicious as is!

Bubble Up Enchiladas

1 lb lean ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
8 oz tomato sauce
10 oz can enchilada sauce
1 can refrigerated biscuits (I used Mini Grands)
2 cups Mexican Cheese blend

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown lean ground beef in a large skillet and drain off fat. Add the taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and 1 cup of cheese. Stir to combine.

Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture.

Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and add the meat/biscuit mixture. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.











No comments:

Post a Comment