Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Garlic Pasta



Holy yumminess this pasta is good! 

This is one of those recipes that I sometimes forget about and then wonder why I don't make it more often because everyone loves it! 

I usually make this as is but it would also be delicious with grilled chicken. 

I looooove garlic and usually end up adding extra whenever a recipe calls for it.  This pasta is pretty garlicy, but you can easily adjust it by using less garlic to suit your tastes.  

The recipe calls for fresh basil, oregano and parsley.  I usually substitute dried basil and oregano because I always have it on hand and it still tastes great.  I would recommend using fresh parsley though.  Trust me, it makes a difference!

Serve it with a salad and some bread and you have a fast, fresh and delicious meal on the table in a short amount of time!

I'm telling you, you must make this pasta.  Soon!


Garlic Pasta
via allrecipes.com

1 16 oz. penne pasta, dry
1 med. head garlic, peeled and chopped
½ cup olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped (I usually use dried)
1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped( I use dried)
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. crushed red pepper (I usually omit this)
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.

In a skillet, saute garlic in oil on low heat, just hot enough to make the garlic sizzle; about 10 to 15 minutes. Season with basil, oregano, parsley, and crushed red pepper, and remove from heat.

In a large bowl, toss cooked pasta with garlic and herb mixture, and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment