Sunday, October 30, 2011

BBQ Chicken Calzones



I love bbq chicken pizza and these have all the same flavors!  They were easy to make and were delicious.  Rolling out the dough was a bit time consuming but otherwise these little calzones were pretty quick to throw together.  I used a can of Kirkland brand canned chicken from Costco but you could cook up a couple chicken breasts or even use a rotisserie chicken.

BBQ Chicken Calzones
Inspired by Life as a Lofthouse
Ingredients:


1 can (16oz) Pillsbury Grand's Homestyle Biscuit dough
1 can chicken or 1 large boneless skinless Chicken breast, cooked and diced
1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
1/2 cup Bacon, cooked and crumbled ( I used Oscar Mayers pkg of  Real Bacon bits)
1/2 cup chopped Red Onion
Cilantro
Fresh Mozzarella, cubed
Shredded Mozzarella


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the cooked chicken and barbecue sauce.
Remove biscuit dough from can. Take one dough piece and lay out on a clean surface. Roll out flat into a 6 inch circle. Repeat with all dough circles.

In the center of a flattened dough circle, place 1/4 cup of barbecue chicken. Top with desired amount of red onion, bacon, cilantro and mozzarella.  Fold dough over filling.  Seal the edges by pressing them together. I also used a fork and gently pressed all around the edges. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. You will have 8 calzones total.

Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This looks delicious! I am glad I came across your blog page because I was just sitting here wondering what I'm going to cook on a Friday night! I wil be following your page of delicious meals. Check out my blog page, kellysbucketlist2012.blogspot.com. Keep up the good work!
    Sincerely,
    Demetria Kelly

    ReplyDelete