Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Western-Style Quiche

 Over the weekend I went to Costco.  I was there for way too long and I spent way too much money.  And I bought lots of things I really didn't need.  Sound familiar?

One of the unnecessary items I left the store with was the Big Book Of Home Cooking by Gooseberry Patch.   Another cookbook I most certainly do not need.  But this one looked like it had quite a few good recipes in it.  After reading through the entire book I found a lot of recipes I want to try and put some of them on my menu plan for the week.

Tonight for dinner I made the Western-Style Quiche.  I rarely make things like this for breakfast, but I love making breakfast for dinner.

This recipe was so delicious!  I also loved it because it was fast and easy and it is so versatile.  I followed the recipe, but you could easily change it to suit your tastes.  I think it would be great with ham or bacon instead of the sausage and you could definitely use any veggies you want.  I served it with hash browns.

One other thing I want to mention about this recipe is that it says to cook it for 30 minutes.  I cooked mine for about 20 and it was perfect.  But since all ovens are different just stick a knife in the middle after about 20 minutes and if it comes out clean it's done!

Western-Style Quiche
via Gooseberry Patch

12-oz. tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
8-oz pkg. ground pork sausage
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
6 eggs, beaten
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Arrange biscuits in an ungreased 13" x 9" baking pan; set aside.  Brown sausage with green pepper and onion in a skillet; drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.  Stir in eggs, cheese, salt and pepper; mix well.  Pour over biscuits; bake at 350 for 30 minutes (I baked it for 20).

Serves 8

No comments:

Post a Comment